Barry T. Zeman, F.A.C.H.E.
President, Healthcare Business Development Corp.
Mr. Zeman F.A.C.H. E. is an experienced chief executive, consultant, and senior advisor. He spent 25 years in CEO positions leading and growing the Staten Island University Hospital; St. Charles Hospital and Rehabilitation Center; Parker Jewish Institute; and US Business Development Corporation (dba, Healthcare Business Development Corp), a full service consulting firm specializing in the healthcare, commercial, and public company sectors.
In the latter endeavor Mr. Zeman has worked with major Pharma, medical centers, physician groups, medical device incubators, healthcare startups, hospital associations, financial service firms, product and equipment manufacturers, and managed care companies.
Mr. Zeman has been involved in a number of national panels and consulting efforts regarding clinical, financial, and organizational issues in healthcare, including a nation-wide expert team effort in conjunction with the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) and a major pharmaceutical company to access and develop programs for reduction of Hospital Acquired Infections and Antibiotic Resistant Organisms in Hospitals. He led the roll out of the resulting programs, including JCAH’s Workbox of Tools, at a major clinical and operational educational presentation at the American College of Healthcare Executive’s (ACHE) Annual Congress.
Career Summary / Professional Experience
- Senior Relationship Management Executive/ Regional Business Development Manager at Wells Fargo Insurance Services and WF Home Mortgage
- Advisor to The Chairman, Trendlines Inc.
- Board Member, Adelphi University
- Board Member, Council of Governing Boards for NYS Trustees of Independent Colleges & Universities
- President & CEO of Staten Island University Hospital
- President & CEO of Parker Jewish Institute for Healthcare & Rehabilitation
- President & CEO of St. Charles Hospital & Rehabilitation Center/SVP System Integration, Catholic Health Services of Long Island
- Board Member, Metropolitan Health Network.
- BBA in Accounting ,University of Cincinnati
- Masters Degree in Healthcare Management,
University of Pittsburgh
- Life Fellow: American College of Healthcare
- Member, National Study Team for Reducing HAIs and Antibiotic Resistant Organisms in Hospitals
- Member, National Study to Optimize Clinical Outcomes for Thromboses
- Member of the National Realty Club
|<< BACK TO TEAM